Accuracy in Media significa “Precisión en los Medios de Comunicación”. Sin embargo, la única precisión que este centro ofrece es la de acertar con los deseos desinformadores de sus clientes (1).
Atiende ocasionalmente a los asuntos del cambio climático, con textos tales como “Global Warming Claims Refuted ” (Refutadas las afirmaciones sobre el calentamiento global) (2 ) y “It’s All a Lie: Copenhagen and Global Warming” (Todo es una mentira: Copenhague y el calentamiento global), este último asociando la ciencia del cambio climático con el comunismo.
Accuracy in Media comparte sede y teléfono con otra organización equivalente, Accuracy in Academia, que parece tener la osadía, desde fuera de la profesión científica, de erigirse en organismo ‘vigilante’ de la precisión científica en la Universidad.
Año de fundación:
Ex-presidente de la National Academy of Sciences, ver historial de negacionismo aquí
Orígenes de la financiación (1998-2008):
Armstrong Foundation $12,000
Carthage Foundation $1,720,000
Adolph Coors Foundation: $20,000
F.M. Kirby Foundation $190,000
Sarah Scaife Foundation $2,640,000
Scaife Family Foundation $15,000
Smith Richardson Foundation
Texaco Philanthropic Foundation: $70,000
William E. Simon Foundation $2,000
- Terry Krepel – Accuracy in Spin – Conwebwatch – 10/08/2005 –http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2005/aimspin.html – authors “Accuracy in Media has never been all that interested in accuracy per se; like Brent Bozell’s Media Research Center, it is an advocacy group that promotes a conservative message and criticizes the media for not sufficiently advancing it. But lately, it appears that the only accuracy AIM cares about is accurately regurgitating conservative talking points … That’s ultimately what Accuracy in Media is about. Conservatism trumps accuracy any day.”
- Notra Trulock – Global Warming Claims Refuted – Accuracy in Media – 21/05/2003 – http://www.aim.org/media-monitor/global-warming-claims-refuted/ – Audio:http://www.aim.org/mp3/2003/05/21.mp3
“One of the enduring myths perpetuated by radical environments holds that the earth’s temperatures have been rising faster than ever before in history. They attribute this supposed increase to greenhouse gases generated by human activity. Global warming advocates repeatedly warn that temperature increases are accelerating and point to data from 2002 … But new research refutes that claim. Researchers from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics examined so-called temperature proxies such as tree rings, ice cores, and historical accounts. These scientists concluded recent temperature increases pale in comparison with those experienced during the Medieval Warm Period.”
- Alan Caruba – It’s All a Lie: Copenhagen and Global Warming – Accuracy in Media – 18/12/2009 – http://www.aim.org/guest-column/its-all-a-lie-copenhagen-and-global-warming/
“A conference that celebrates such communist blather betrays its true intent. No American President should participate in such a naked display of contempt for capitalism. A really Big Lie told often enough acquires the verisimilitude of truth. Global warming, however, was dependent on a different kind of truth, one subject to vigorous review and challenge; it is scientific truth and no matter how many lies were told by the global warming scientists, there were others who stood their ground and challenged them.”
- Chris A. Moore (2008) – Milking the Cash Cow – Curtis A. Moore – http://curtismoore.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/milking-the-cash-cow.pdf
“At the same time, money keeps alive efforts to purge all traces of “liberal” bias from public stations ($3.3 million to the Center for the Study of Popular Culture, which wants to “change the leftist, anti-American, elitist culture that is dominant in the entertainment industry [and to expose] the idiocies and the viciousness of the radical leftism in universities, the media, mainstream churches, and everywhere else this modern plague is found” in part through its Committee on Media Integrity (COMINT), the leader in the de-funding attacks on public television; $1.2 million to the Center for Media and Public Affairs; and, $365,000 to Accuracy in Media (funded also by the Adolph Coors Foundation, the Texaco Philanthropic Foundation Inc. and Texaco itself), which once attacked Walter Cronkite as a “Soviet dupe.”
- Accuracy in Media – AIM Launches First Ever “Boycott The New York Times” Campaign & Website – Accuracy in Media – 08/10/2008 – http://www.aim.org/press-release/aim-launches-first-ever-boycott-the-new-york-times-campaign-website/
“Accuracy in Media announced today the launch of its new website, Boycott The New York Times (http://BoycottNYT.com). AIM, which has monitored The New York Times for nearly 40 years, is encouraging news consumers to boycott the most powerful media voice in America to protest its persistent leftist bias.”
This page has the following sub pages.